Saturday, July 4, 2009

Watermelon and statistics

Who would have thought something so simple would have such a huge impact? Billy's birthday was this week. Since we are temporarily broke we went to the grocery store and bought some things to make a simple birthday dinner rather than the traditional dinner date. He saw some enormous watermelons. Not the tiny flavor-reduced seedless ones but the original watermelons. We brought one home and the kids went crazy! That one melon has kept them happy for a couple of days now. I'll have to remember that....happy kids for several days for about $7. I can afford that one! Of course, it has gotten hot the past few days and our central air unit decided to go out this week. However, I think they would have been happy even if they hadn't been a little hotter than normal. :) Sometimes it is the little things that make the biggest difference.

I'm 2 days away from finishing my statistics class. Last week was tough but I'm happy to say that when I did my math today I discovered that it was the same concepts as last week applied differently and I knew what I was doing. I suppose that means I understood the material. Whew! Another Master's class under my belt....7 more to go. If I stay on track I'll finish in July or August 2010. Yea!!!! I'm finally seeing progress so I think I should be able to move ahead with no more breaks. Whew!

No comments: