Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow Day!!!!

So...I woke up this morning at my normal "get the kids to school" time and looked out the window and forgot where I was living. I quickly remembered when I looked at the school district website and saw that school was canceled for the day. :) Of course by that time we already had 1 1/2 inches and by 10:00 we had 3-4 inches which around here is like 3-4 feet. The news is advising people not to be on the roads if they don't have to be. Granted around here they don't have any facilities to clear snow away.

On a happier note, this was Jaydin's first experience with real snow. He couldn't wait to get outside and play in it. Kierstin doesn't really remember snow but she was determined to show him how to build a snowman. When her kind older brothers reminded her that she didn't know how to build one herself she told them that it didn't matter she could figure it out and they could both figure out their first snowman together. No snowmen were actually attempted but some snowballs did get thrown and many new tracks were made in the backyard.











No comments: