My sister has recently joined the world of blogging (check out the link on my frequented list for "Just My Thoughts"). Reading her posts made me remember that I had a blog started but sorely neglected. Life is so busy and there are so many things that I want to do that things slip through the cracks. Blogging has been one of the things that found its way to the cracks. I thought I might try to pick things back up again. We'll see how it goes.
We moved in mid-September and came back home. The kids will go to the same high school I did. The boys are extremely weirded out by that and are worried that the teachers will hold the fact that I'm their mother against them. They refuse to accept my insistence that I was one of those kids the teachers either loved or forgot about. Luckily for them most of the teachers I had are no longer there so they don't have much to worry about.
We're living in an apartment right now but are house shopping. We'll finish out our lease in August and the plan is to be in a house by that time. I hope to be able to post pictures of our new house soon. My kids don't like being told not to run or bounce a ball or jump because people live below us. Jaydin (5) cried in frustration one day "Why do we have to live in an e-partment!?" Poor kid. It's rough being a little boy who can't run around inside. :)
Jaydin will start Kindergarten this next school year. That's just so weird to me. He's not going to snuggle too much longer so I snag him as often as I can. Kierstin is in 3rd grade. I was pleasantly surprised to be informed that she is reading on a 5th grade reading level. I promptly broke out all the books I'd been saving and she's in the process of devouring the Little House on the Prairie series. She absolutely loves them! Brydin is on his way to being a 7th grade track star and placed 3rd in his first meet in the 100 yard dash. He just had a bike given to him for helping a neighbor move and he's in love with it. Landin is a typical teenager and spends a lot of time texting on his iPod. It's his lifeline to his friends back where he considers home. I have to admit he has a really good group of friends there. I hope they stay in contact for a long time to come. I honestly like them all.
Billy and I both have good jobs. I'm glad for that. It's been a long time for me. If we plan things properly I may be able to come home and be a housewife after a couple of years. What would that be like?! I can't wait. :)
Okay, that's enough for one day. Hopefully I'll be able to find some interesting things to say every once in a while...or at least something to say. No guarantees on the interesting. :)
Monday, April 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How exciting!!! I can't wait to see pictures of whatever house you get!
Glad to see you back. It's fun to hear about your kids and life.
Post a Comment