My job is an interesting one. I am a supervisor in a Verizon call center that handles directory assistance calls. I manage the team that makes sure we have the right number of operators on the phones at all times. Last month I had nine people that reported to me. As of August 1 I inherited even more people and now have almost 20 reporting to me. Do I get to work on building a rapport with my new team? Nope.....
I haven't seen my family since mid-June...they are home now....Am I there to see them? Nope....
What did I do 2 days before my family came home? I got on a plane to go to Massachussets. Why? Because the contract between Verizon and the Unions in the East expired August 2 at midnight. I had to be on hand in case they decided to strike so that I could step in and do the work. They have decided to work without a contract but could still walk out at any time. I have to sit around until they actually sign the contract. Who knows how long I have to be here.
No one wants a strike. I just hope that they decide what they're going to do before too long. I'm tired of being in limbo. :)
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment